Organisations within Flagsmith can be locked to a single authentication method if required, meaning that accounts can neither be created or logged into with anything other than the method specified.
This can be configured at an Organisation level by a Super-Administrator. Please get in touch if you need help with this.
SaaS Customers & Private Cloud
To configure the Okta integration with Flagsmith, you must have created a valid organisation at app.flagsmith.com or your private cloud URL. The organisation must be on our scale up or enterprise plan. You should contact the Flagsmith support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to create a SAML organisation and we will provide you with your organisation name.
Enterprise Self Hosted
To configure the Okta integration with Flagsmith self hosted, you must be using an Enterprise licence to self host the Flagsmith application. You should then complete the steps listed here up to and including the line which states ‘Once you've completed these fields, hit the Save button to create the SAML configuration.’
- IdP-initiated SSO
- SP-initiated SSO
- In Okta, select the Sign On tab for the Flagsmith app, then click Edit.
- Scroll down to Advanced Sign-on Settings.
- Enter Base API Url (if using SaaS this should be https://api.flagsmith.com, otherwise it will be your self hosted / private cloud API URL) and SAML Organisation (this should have been provided by Flagsmith support)
- Click Save.
- In Okta, on the ‘Sign on’ tab, under ‘SAML Signing Certificates’, click ‘Actions’ -> ‘View IdP Metadata’ on the first
certificate in the list.
- For SaaS customers: Save this metadata to a file and send it to Flagsmith (email@example.com)
- For Self-Hosted customers: Copy this metadata and paste it into the ‘Idp metadata xml’ field in the Flagsmith admin dashboard as per the instructions here.
- Once Flagsmith support have confirmed that the metadata has been uploaded, you should now be able to sign in via the Okta applications dashboard and the Flagsmith dashboard (by entering the organisation name given to you by Flagsmith support).
Troubleshooting & Tips
- If your users are unable to sign in to the Flagsmith application via Okta, it’s important to check if they already have a user account in Flagsmith with their Okta email address. If they do, make sure that they are not a member of any other organisations than the one set up in the Okta integration.