Okta Configuration Guide
SaaS Customers & Private Cloud
To configure the Okta integration with Flagsmith, you must have created a valid organisation at app.flagsmith.com or your private cloud URL. The organisation must be on our Enterprise plan. You should contact the Flagsmith support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to create a SAML organisation and we will provide you with your organisation name.
Enterprise Self Hosted
To configure the Okta integration with Flagsmith self hosted, you must be using an Enterprise licence to self host the Flagsmith application. You should then complete the steps listed here up to and including the line which states ‘Once you've completed these fields, hit the Save button to create the SAML configuration.’
- IdP-initiated SSO
- SP-initiated SSO
- In Okta, select the Sign On tab for the Flagsmith app, then click Edit.
- Scroll down to Advanced Sign-on Settings.
- Enter Base API Url (if using SaaS this should be https://api.flagsmith.com, otherwise it will be your self hosted / private cloud API URL) and SAML Organisation (this should have been provided by Flagsmith support)
- Click Save.
- In Okta, on the ‘Sign on’ tab, under ‘SAML Signing Certificates’, click ‘Actions’ -> ‘View IdP Metadata’ on the first certificate in the list.
- Once Flagsmith support have confirmed that the metadata has been uploaded, you should now be able to sign in via the Okta applications dashboard and the Flagsmith dashboard (by entering the organisation name given to you by Flagsmith support).
Information about attribute mappings can be found in the documentation for SAML here.
Troubleshooting & Tips
- If your users are unable to sign in to the Flagsmith application via Okta, it’s important to check if they already have a user account in Flagsmith with their Okta email address. If they do, make sure that they are not a member of any other organisations than the one set up in the Okta integration.